Please note that your actual APR may vary substantially from this estimate based on your actual mortgage product, interest rate, and term. This calculator is intended is for informational purposes only.
- Enter the total amount you plan to borrow, called the "principal" - this will be the total purchase price of your home minus your down payment.
- Enter an interest rate. If you don't know what interest rate to enter, you can get a rate quote, or use the current average rates you'll find on the right.
- Enter the number of points you plan to pay on your loan.
- Enter your total closing costs.
- Enter the number of years you plan to repay the loan over, also called the "loan term". Most mortgages terms are 30 or 15 years, though some lenders offer 25, 40, and other loan terms.
- Click compute. Your APR, or the total annual cost of your loan, will automatically be displayed.