Estimate Monthly PaymentsBefore you set your sights on a home, find out approximately how much your monthly mortgage payments and total monthly payments will be. Just enter the information below to estimate your payments.
Please note that your actual payments may vary substantially from this estimate based on your actual mortgage product, interest rate, and term. This calculator is intended is for informational purposes only.
- Enter the total amount you plan to borrow, called the "principal"this will be the total purchase price of your home minus your down payment.
- Enter the number of years you plan to repay the loan over, also called the "loan term". Most mortgages terms are 30 or 15 years, though some lenders offer 25, 40, and other loan terms.
- Enter an interest rate. If you don't know what interest rate to enter, you can get a rate quote, or use the current average rates on the right.
- Enter any additional annual costs, including estimated real estate taxes, homeowner's insurance, mortgage insurance, and association dues for a better estimate of your payments.
- Click compute. Your monthly mortgage payment and total payments for mortgage and other costs will automatically be displayed.